So here’s how it’s gonna go down on Friday…
Note – You’re going to want to bring your cookies in a container and bring another container to take home cookies.
- You show up around noon at Angus McIndoe, 258 West 44th Street (between 7th and 8th) (tell them you’re there for the cookie fest, and they will send you upstairs).
- You open up a container (tin, reusable plastic thingy, bucket, whatever) full of cookies. You can make one kind of cookie or 36 different kinds. Or somewhere in between. Whatever you want.
- You set your cookie container down on the table.
- Give your $$$ ($30) to Gail or Maggy.
- Order a drink.
- Order some lunch.
- Graze on the cookie love.
- Chat up some people. Come find Abby, Gail, Maggy, or Chris if you don’t know anyone. Or we will find you.
- Drink/eat your lunch.
- Eat more cookies.
- Tell everyone you love their cookies (because you really will).
- Order another drink.
- Eat the love.
- Open up your spare container/bucket and take some cookies home.
- Hug everyone.
- Go home/back to work/shopping and be happy.
Here are the vital details…
Date: December 10
Time: 12-2 pm (sorry, people who can’t get away from work. It is sad.)
Location: Angus McIndoe, 258 West 44th Street (between 7th and 8th) map it. We’ll order off the menu, so you won’t be stuck with something you don’t want to eat. Be prepared to chip in $30 each for lunch. If we collect too much money, we’ll give everyone their share back to them.
Registration: Could you fill out this quick form to let us know that you’re coming? It’s a bit more organized than having you post in the comments each time. Sorry for getting all formal on you. Register now!
Bring a bag for your cookie haul: You’re going home with some cookies. Bring a bag. Or a cart. Maybe a truck.
So much fun. So many cookies.
The NYC Food Blogger Cookie Swap is December 10th! Now, to find a location…
Details to follow. We’re zeroing in on a date that will work for as many people as possible, so let us know below if you’re interested in joining the fun.
(Chances are good that there will be some form of booze involved.)
Just enter your Twitter handle in the comments (to the left) and we’ll keep you updated with the details.
We’ll tweet with the #CookieFest10 hashtag so join in the fun.
We hope we see you there!